Shihan returns to Montreal after participating in the first edition of “Mini Violini” at CMIM in 2019.
Shihan Wang was born in Beijing in 2005 and began playing violin at the age of 4. Since 2021 he has been studying for a bachelor’s degree at the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler Berlin with Professor Ning Feng.
A winner of multiple international competitions, Shihan won the 2nd prize at the Kloster Schöntal International Competition for Violin in Germany in 2015, the 1st prize at the Louis Spohr International Violin Competition in Germany in 2016, the 1st prize at the Zhuhai Mozart International Violin Competition in 2017, and the 3rd prize at the Il Piccolo Violino Magico International Violin Competition in Italy in 2018.
As a soloist, he has worked with conductors and musicians such as Gemma New, Cho-Liang Lin, Maxim Vengerov, Friedemann Eichhorn, and Mengmeng Huang. He has performed with major orchestras such as the Cleveland Orchestra, State Orchestra Weimar, I Musici de Montréal Chamber Orchestra, and Salzburg Chamber Soloists.ç
- Feng Ning, The Hanns Eisler School of Music, 2021 – present
- Hong Wang, Central Conservatory of Music, 2014 – 2021
- Semi-finalist, International Henrzk Wieniawski Violin Competition, Poland, 2022
- 1st prize, International Georg Philipp Telemann Violin Competition, Poland, 2022
- 2nd prize, Cooper International Violin Competition, US, 2019
- 3rd prize, Piccolo Violino Magico International Competition for young violinists, Italy, 2018
- 1st prize and best Capriccio prize, Zhuhai Mozart International Violin Competition, China, 2017
- 1st prize, Louis Spohr International Violin Competition for Young Violinists, Germany, 2016
JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Violin Partita No. 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
FRANZ LISZT (arr. Milstein) Consolation No. 3
FRANZ WAXMAN Carmen Fantasie
Pianiste : Carson Becke
Shihan Wang is generously sponsored by Daniel Lalonde.