Participation in CMIM - Violin 2023
Kyumin Park received his Bachelor’s and Master of Music Degrees at the New England Conservatory under the tutelage of Donald Weilerstein. In 2013, he won the Thomas and Evon Cooper International Violin Competition held at Oberlin where he played with the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra.
Along with his successful international achievements, Kyumin made his solo concert debut for the Kumho Prodigy Concert Series in 2012 in Seoul. He has been invited to many festivals worldwide including Kronberg Academy Masterclasses, Ravinia Festival, Holland Music Festival, and Kneisel hall. He has performed with the world renowned orchestras including Hamburger Camerata, Stuttgarter Kammerorchester, Shenzhen Symphony Orchestra, and the Korean Symphony Orchestra as well as giving a debut recital at the Konzerthaus Berlin. Kyumin is currently studying at the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler Berlin with Antje Weithaas.
He currently plays on a 1740 Dominicus Montagnana, on generous loan by the Kumho Asiana Cultural Foundation.
- Antje Weithaas, 2022-present
- Donald Weilerstein, 2015-2021
- Semi-finalist, Queen Elisabeth Competition, Brussels, Belgium, 2019
- 2nd prix (no 1st prize) International Max Rostal Competition, Berlin, Germany, 2019
- 2nd prize, International Music Competition Harbin, Harbin, China, 2018
- 1st prize, Cooper International Competition, Oberlin, OH, 2013
- 2nd prize, Young Concert Artists Audition, New York, NY, 2019
JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Violin Sonata No. 3 in C major, BWV 1005
II. Allegro assai
EUGÈNE YSAŸE Violin Sonata No. 3 in D minor, ‘Ballade’, Op. 27
I. Lento molto sostenuto
II. Allegro in tempo giusto e con bravura
CAMILLE SAINT-SAËNS Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28
I. Allegro malincolico
II. Allegro ma non troppo
Pianist: Francis Perron
Kyumin Park is generously sponsored by Abzac Canada Inc.