Born in Lviv, Bohdan Luts studied at the Kyiv State Music Lyceum and the Lviv State Music Lyceum. He is currently a student at the International Menuhin Music Academy in Switzerland, studying with Renaud Capuçon and Oleg Kaskiv, and regularly participates in master classes of renowned musicians such as Gabor Takacz-Nagy, Liviu Prunaru, Nikolaj Szeps-Znaider, Pablo de Naverán, Ivan Vukčević, Jean-Jacques Kantorow, and others.
Bohdan was awarded the Grand Prix and First Prize at the International Competition “Lviv Virtuoso” and the International Competition of Bohdan Varhal’s “Talents for Europe” in Slovakia. In 2022, at the age of 17, he won First Prize at the prestigious Carl Nielsen International Competition in Denmark and First Prize at the 2nd Alberto Lysy International Violin Competition in Gstaad.
He has played concerts in Switzerland, Slovakia, Poland, Italy, and Ukraine. As a soloist, Bohdan has performed with the Copenhagen Philharmonic, the Lviv National Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, and the Kyiv Chamber National Soloists’ Ensemble, among others.
- Renaud Capuçon, 2019-present
- Oleg Kaskiv, 2019-present
- Oksana Tsap, 2019-2022
- Olga Korinets, 2017- 2019
- Mariya Futorska, 2014- 2017
- Yaroslava Kataryna, 2012-2014
- 1st prize, Nielsen International Violin Competition 2022,
- 1st prize, Alberto Lysy International Violin Competition 2022
- 3rd prize, Rodolfo Lipizer International Violin Competition 2021
- 2nd prix, Piccolo Violino Magico International Violin Competition 2018
- 3rd prize, Arthur Grumiaux International Violin 2017
JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Violin Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001
EUGÈNE YSAYË Violin Sonata No. 6, Op. 27
I. Allegro giusto non troppo vivo
HENRYK WIENIAWSKI Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 15
MAURICE RAVEL Violin Sonata in G major No.2
II. Blues. Moderato
III. Perpetuum mobile. Allegro
LUNA PEARL WOOLF L’Inconnu.e bouleversant.e
RICHARD STRAUSS Violin Sonata in E-flat major, Op. 18
I. Allegro, ma non troppo
II. Improvisation: Andante cantabile
III. Finale: Andante – Allegro
CAMILLE SAINT-SAËNS (arr. Ysayë) Caprice in Waltz Form
Pianist: Carson Becke
Bohdan Luts is generously sponsored by Luc Maurice.